D Crew Member Visa

If you are a member of a foreign country and you want to enter the United States then you need to make sure that you have a visa for a temporary stay. If you want to stay on a permanent basis then you need to apply for a permanent residency. If you want to travel under a crewmember visa then you would need to apply under the D category. This is designed for those who work onboard a sea vessel or any other form of international airline. If you travel to the US to join a vessel then you will need the D crewmember visa as well as a C-1 Transit Visa. In some instances you may need a combination visa, which will cover both the C-1 and the D visa in one.

If you are travelling to meet a vessel then you may need to give some evidence to your interviewer that shows you are going to be meeting the vessel in the US. In some instances you may also need to provide proof that you are who you say you are, and this can be done by getting a written statement from the employer or the employer's agent.

If you do apply for your C-1 Transit Visa at the same time as your D visa then you may be issued with a combo visa. If you don't want this to happen, consider contacting your visa advisor to see how you can get around this. They will be able to help to make sure that your combination visa is suitable for your home country and they can also make sure that it is the right one for your needs as well so you don't waste time or money just trying to find or obtain the right one.

In order to apply for a D Crew Member Visa, individuals will need to start by filling out the Non-immigrant Visa Application Form.